Back Home  

Posted by inkstainedhands in ,

After returning from a four-day Shabbaton, I check my email to find 35 new messages. I check Blogger and realize that many people made new blog posts and/or commented on my blog. It is then that it fully sinks in: I am back home.

The fact that I was back in Brooklyn sunk in when I heard the incessant honking by impatient drivers who could not care less that there was no where the traffic could possibly move.

So where was I these past few days, when many of you were commenting on my blog or emailing me and I was unable to respond? I was at my school's Shabbaton weekend. Every other year, my school organizes a Shabbaton for the entire high school. We all go up together, teachers and students, to a camp in the mountains and stay there from Thursday through Sunday. It is a wonderful opportunity to get away from the rush of everyday life and to be able to forge friendships with teachers and students in a more relaxed atmosphere.

I had a very good time, and on the whole, the Shabbaton was inspirational, interesting, and enjoyable.

At the present moment, I am too tired to be able to form too many coherent sentences. After three sleepless nights, I can barely stand to contemplate the task I have ahead of me in unpacking my luggage and preparing for school tomorrow.

Perhaps after I get some caffeine in my system and manage to accumulate more energy, I will write more about the Shabbaton. For now, however, I will reply to some of my emails and the comments on my blog.

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 17, 2009 at Sunday, May 17, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

ahh, good times...

May 17, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Still haven't unpackaged luggage from New Square shabbaton...

btw, I heard rumors of a possible Lakewood shabbaton.

May 18, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Post a Comment