Israel is Confirmed  

Posted by inkstainedhands in

Well, it's official! I am going to Israel in August!

I was only in Israel once, when I was four years old, and let us just say that that was not a particularly pleasant experience. Four-year-olds and twelve-hour plane trips don't go well together.

So my parents and I have wanted to go to Israel for a while now, and now we are finally planning the trip! My parents just ordered tickets for August. We are leaving New York on August 3rd and returning on August 19th.

Before, this idea of going to Israel sounded so vague to me. I mean, I knew we were planning on going, but it somehow did not seem so real to me. It was just something in the future, something I would eventually experience. Now, however, it is a reality because we already ordered the tickets. Hearing my father ordering meals on the plane for us and confirming seats made it sink in -- we're really going to Israel!

So now I can spend the remaining weeks preparing for our trip. I believe this calls for some shopping.

And now, I feel I must express my excitement in a rather unladylike way.... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 21, 2009 at Sunday, June 21, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

have fun!!!

You're also almost old enough for Birthright! :-)

June 22, 2009 at 1:13 AM

מזל טוב. Too bad you're not so keen on the Seminary idea though. Maybe you'll check some out!

June 22, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Thanks!! :]

I would LOVE to go on Birthright once I finish high school. I'm turning 18 in December of 12th grade, so once I graduate I'm eligible!

I won't be checking out any seminaries. You know, Israel isn't just about seminary. And besides, I have only two weeks to see the whole country and to meet countless relatives. There isn't time for much else.

I never said I am not interested in seminary though....

June 22, 2009 at 2:24 PM

yay!!
so happy for you!!
:)

June 22, 2009 at 2:31 PM

That's funny. I may be leaving on a trip on august 3rd too! Not to Israel tho....that'll be later! :-D

June 22, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Have fun.

word verification: nutese
the language of nuts.

June 22, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Thanks, everyone! I'm very excited.

June 22, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Post a Comment