Just Some Thoughts  

Posted by inkstainedhands in , , ,

There is something about writing that gives it the power to consume an individual and take over his or her life.

I have been writing compulsively the past few days. Each time a significant thought strikes me or I have an idea, I write it out thoroughly, which is something I have not done in a while. Thoughts that would usually go unnoticed by me and remain just that -- fleeting thoughts -- now become written words.

Sometimes, when writing seems to take precedence over everything else, it is difficult to actually live your life. When writing occupies all your thoughts and much of your time, there is little room left for living life as a normal human being.

But on the other hand, it is the most welcome thing after a period of writer's block, and if the urge to write comes, who am I to ignore it or regret it? I love writing; the fact that I have the ability to express what is in my head and heart is precious to me, even if most of that writing will never see the light of day.

Now all I need to do is write something that I will actually post on my blog or allow others to read. That should not take long.
Oh, and by the way, I added a second column in the sidebar on my blog and put up a number of quotes that I feel more than adequately express some of the things I believe.

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 16, 2009 at Thursday, July 16, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Just wanted to thank you for your beautiful words (on my post) and tell you that I hope your writing blossoms and prospers and becomes a beautiful, twining vine that reaches to the sky.

July 17, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Thank you, Chana. :]

July 17, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Post a Comment