Hello Again  

Posted by inkstainedhands in , , ,

I realize I've been rather silent lately. It is not because I have had nothing to say, but rather because there was too much to say and think about and I wasn't quite sure where to start, or whether to start. I try to keep a little divider between my blog and my real life and I am careful with what I share here, especially since this blog isn't anonymous.


Since my semester ended on May 25th, I've had a rather eventful summer. I think I could even say that I've had almost enough fun for one summer. I am definitely ready for the fall semester to start though; but I'll have to wait until August 31st for that. I miss Stern -- the classes, the friends, the Shabbatonim, the events and the fun.

I spent Shavuot in Washington DC with Ohev Sholom: The National Synagogue as part of YU's Torah Tours program, which was an amazing experience. The community was incredibly warm and welcoming, and I would love to go back there one day.

The rest of June and July I spent mostly in the city, meeting up with friends and relaxing for the first time since Pesach. My parents even went to Israel for a couple of weeks and I got a taste of independent life, which was nice. I've also been doing some writing, some of which I hope to be able to share at some point before the end of the summer.

There are a couple of topics I'd like to blog about (there's also a lot more to add to the homosexuality discussion), but for now I just wanted to say that I'm still here, still blogging, even if the posts are a bit slow in coming sometimes.

This entry was posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 at Friday, July 22, 2011 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

I'm excited to read more of your writing! It's been a long time. I've only recently started writing again after a too-long hiatus and I'm trying to scrounge up enough motivation to keep at it. Hopefully with blogging too.

Can't wait to see more from you.

July 23, 2011 at 5:13 AM

Hey! BTW I haven't forgotten that you wanted to read the article I wrote on Disney. You can e-mail me or I'll eventually get around to posting it on my blog.
Hope you are enjoying your summer ;)

July 25, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Thank you, Mimi! I would really like to see more of your writing soon. Hopefully we'll both be doing more of it soon.

And ZP, that would be great! Thank you!

July 26, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Post a Comment