Blog Updates  

Posted by inkstainedhands in

As some of you might have already noticed, my blog has a new layout! I am still getting used to it and also trying to fix a few things up, but I am quite happy with it in general.

The archives are formatted a bit differently now. They used to be organized in a hierarchy format -- the year, the month, and the post titles of this month, but that did not seem to fit in with the layout so I had to change it to a list format.

Post times are gone as well, as far as I can see. There are only dates on posts now, as that is how the layout works.

The text size is a bit smaller as well, especially in the sidebars.

There is a new addition in the form of a search box, in the top right corner, to make it easier to find older posts.

Although I liked my previous banner, I am making a few changes to it now so it should blend in more with the background. Hopefully, I should have it back up before I leave for Israel.

But overall, what do you all think of this new layout?

This entry was posted on Friday, July 10, 2009 at Friday, July 10, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Whoah, this is a big change. ...I like the little writings in the background, you've gotta' show me how to do that one day..

One thing I really like about it is the larger text size. Before it was kind of hard to read at times. (Though, considering the length of most of your posts, that actually helped them fit into a smaller space. Still, this is much better).

July 11, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Love it, but hate the archives. Change archives back and try changing font size of only archives to a smaller font and see if it's still readable.

July 12, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Yeah, my main problem is with the archives. I tried the hierarchy format with a smaller font, but it still did not look normal.

Maybe I'll try doing something else to the archives to make it look decent when I have time.

July 12, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Post a Comment