My Ketuba  

Posted by inkstainedhands in , ,

Now that's a good title for a blog post written by a girl who just turned 18, isn't it? But I'll explain. ;]


A lot of people have been asking me how my writing is going. Well... um... how do I say this? It sometimes goes and it sometimes just does not go. (For some reason, the former was the case more often in the past few months.) I am working on some short stories now as well as school writing assignments, but I don't feel that surge of creativity as often when it comes to words.


But I like to feel as if I've done something creative recently and I want to have what to show for my effort, so for now I am focusing on my artwork. I have a few pieces hanging in my school's hallway that I did for an art class assignment, which I would love to take a picture of and post here once I get them back. For now though, I have a picture of another assignment. We were told to make a colorful ketuba (without the text, just with the first letter), and I decided to have a little fun with mine.





The brown background is just the back of my drawing pad, not part of the ketuba.


Here's a closeup of the gold detail on the yellow arch at the top:





I loved using that gold marker -- it just made everything more interesting and sparkly. The same goes for the silver sharpie, although that was being very moody, often refusing to cooperate. But since nothing ever goes exactly how you think it will, something was bound to happen, since I was having too much of a good time with the gold and silver. What happened? Oh, just a slight mishap which left my skirt, my hands, and a pile of papers on my desk covered in little drops of gold and silver. I actually found it very amusing. Much water, soap, and scrubbing was later involved in trying to get rid of the sparkly stuff on my hands, but traces of it are still there, so I now sparkle! Lesson for the future -- there is a reason why the instructions always say to shake the marker with the cap on! Ah well, it was fun. :]

This entry was posted on Friday, December 4, 2009 at Friday, December 04, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Wow, very cute! You just saved some money on buying ketubah for your wedding - good start!

How about making money from hand made ketubahs? Unique stuff goes for big money, i am sure there are people willing to pay!

December 8, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Thank you! I wouldn't use it for my wedding, although I have heard that one or two girls who did this assignment in past years did actually use their projects for their weddings!

Art is something I enjoy doing.... I don't want to ruin that by making it into something I can make money off of.

December 8, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Post a Comment