Hello, Stranger  

Posted by inkstainedhands in ,

It's been a while since I could actually sit down to write a real blog post (apart from the one on Stern College). Well, my only excuse is that this has been one of the busiest months this year for me. It started off with midterms, reached a high point with my best friend's wedding, and is now ending off with even more work and running around to do.

A new exhibit opened at the Yeshiva University Museum recently which celebrates the first ten years in that new building. The exhibit, Zero to Ten, features a lot of awesome pieces from the museum's collection, including the Baal Shem Tov's Torah, a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to a Jew, ancient books, and other pieces of Jewish history. I gave a tour of the museum on Sunday, which was nice and gave me the opportunity to interact with some interesting people who had a lot to add to the conversation. I love hearing everyone's outlook because every individual has his/her own unique perspective based on personal experience. Anyway, I encourage you to check out this new exhibit, as well as the other ones that are up now -- Andi Arnovitz's works and the 16mm Postcards exhibit of pre-war Poland.

In other news, my birthday is later this week -- December 3rd. I've been so wrapped up in day-to-day life that I didn't fully realize how soon it was. Birthday, Chanuka, a truckload of assignments and events at Stern... Yep, life is fun. :]

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at Tuesday, November 30, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Are you a regular tour guide, or was this a special occasion? ASoG and I would probably enjoy checking out the exhibit - it sounds like a good date!

November 30, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I'm going to be leading tours probably once a month on a Sunday. I don't yet know which date it will be in December, but definitely come and check out the exhibits! I think the Andi Arnovitz exhibit is closing in late December.

December 1, 2010 at 3:25 AM

Post a Comment