One Year Later  

Posted by inkstainedhands in , ,

On Monday, I sat behind a table with a poster bearing the title "Creative Writing & Poetry Club" and a sign up sheet right next to it. It was the annual Stern College Club Fair, and I was there as the president of the Creative Writing & Poetry Club. My mind flashed back to last September, a year ago, when I was a freshman and had stayed late in Stern after classes to wander through the Club Fair. I had signed up then for a number of things -- so many clubs and organizations caught my attention. I also clearly remember the Creative Writing & Poetry Club's table and talking to the president about the club. And this year, there I was. President.


My first year in Stern was one of the most amazing times of my life -- being a part of so many things, becoming part of the Stern community, and getting to know such awesome people. And now I'm starting my second year here and I am very much looking forward to what it has in store for me.

The amount of things I am involved with on campus (in addition to all my classes and my participation in the Honors Program) unfortunately does not allow me to dedicate much time to blogging. I have been writing a lot though in other places. I am an Arts & Culture editor for the YU Beacon now, YU's new coed online newspaper. Some of the articles I've recently written for the Beacon include a review of the Discovery Center's Pompeii exhibit and fascinating Harry Potter exhibit (which I absolutely loved and hope all Harry Potter fans got to see), as well as a short article about my beloved Renaissance Faire (which I went to on Labor Day with my friends).

The Beacon has a lot of interesting articles and a new issue is released every other week, so I encourage everyone to check it out (especially since at this rate I think my writing will appear there more often than it does on my blog). I will still be blogging though, when time permits it.
Hope everyone's been doing well!

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 15, 2011 at Thursday, September 15, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Glad to hear things are going so well! Keep up the good work and continue enjoying every minute of your time at Stern, it'll be over before you know it (unfortunately). I really miss being at YU...

September 16, 2011 at 12:37 PM

You inspire me! I'm so glad you're doing so well and enjoying college to the fullest.

September 21, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Thank you, SoG and Mimi! :]

September 27, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Post a Comment