Phone Etiquette  

Posted by inkstainedhands in

There is something about mornings that is just not fun. It's a time when you don't particularly want to do anything, and quite frankly, you don't want to deal with life yet. Good or bad -- you don't want to hear about it. And you also probably don't want to wake up with 5 missed calls and peppy voicemails, which you know you have to return eventually.

You know how some people say you should not call others past a certain time, especially if they have little kids sleeping? Well, here's a new one -- people, please don't call me before noon on a day when I have no classes and am trying to get back all those hours of sleep I lost in the past weeks, especially if you already know that I sleep late on days like these. Calling me that early won't get you anywhere, even if you call three times. My ringer is off and you will not reach me until I wake up anyway -- so just wait.

It always annoys me when people call a few times in a row, or leave multiple messages, as it will not increase the chances of me picking up when I am asleep.

So the next time you are thinking of calling me, ask yourself two questions:
1. Is it at all possible that I might be sleeping?
2. Did you already call me a couple of times that morning?
3. Have I told you in the past that I don't want you calling me early in the morning?

Thank you. And now I am off to have breakfast.

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 25, 2010 at Thursday, March 25, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

It's no problem at all :) And I completely agree with you on this post...too late, frankly, is probably better to give a ring than early in the morning :).

April 30, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Post a Comment